Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Barbie

   Day 30 of Poetry Month. I was going to have my last poem a blackout poem from all my poems but since this is my last poem it'll have to wait. I hope you will check back and see what I have created for my Poetry Month 30 Poems in 30 Days Blackout Poem.
   A mouthful, I know. Anyway I wanted my last poem to be inspiring and uplifting. I hope that when you read this, those are the feelings that I bring out in you.
Barbie
Girls are being told
how to look,
how to feel,
what is wrong,
and what is real.
Perfection is a lie.

There. There.
Don't cry.

You are Beautiful.
You are Strong
You need to know
that You belong.


You are special
Someone unique
Don't let anyone
criticize
your physique. 

You are Smart
You are Kind
Don't let anyone
change
your mind.

You are
as you were
meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment